Sunday, April 21, 2013

What am I working on today?

So often, planned or not, I find myself working on a few different things at the same time (and this, sadly, doesn't included unfinished projects out of sight!).

So, today?  Just finished my Fancy Free, a class I am currently teaching at the shop.  A Quilt as You Go quilt by Moonshine Designs. 


I am making more blocks for my 'scrappy trip around the world'.  I have decided on a 6 x 6 block layout.  I have about 15 completed blocks, about another 13 in stages, so maybe I'm about halfway?


I am working on a commissioned quilt for a girlfriend's mother in law.  She loved the miniature civil war quilt I made, so I am making a large version of this.


And lastly, a quick little baby quilt for a dear friend.  She was a great friend when we lived in Canberra, but sadly we lost contact.  She recently found my phone number scribbled on a bit of paper going through things at home (no doubt 'nesting') and contacted me hoping I had the same number.  I obviously did, and am so thrilled.  After 20 years of marriage and at 45 she has just had her first baby, so if that doesn't deserve a quilt, nothing does!

And what is Elsie up to?  Well, as usual there is always SOMETHING going on. When I went outside on this glorious Autumn Sunday morning, I found a little house set up for the fairies.  She has chopped up food for them and placed them in containers (note the crumbled chocolate!).  They even have plates set on the table ready to go, she never forgets a detail!



I forgot to take a photo of the bundle of fabric, but will post a photo shortly.  Just a little charm square quilt.

Enjoy the rest of Sunday,

Michelle xx

No comments: