Thursday, April 28, 2011

THE parcel...


Well, it took me a couple of days, but I finally managed to open my parcel (even though it still happened in stages..) My gorgeous, in fantastic condition 1974 child's Singer sewing machine was revealed! It was resplendent in all its retro glory and you couldn't get the grin off my face. I had been searching on eBay for AGES.. but displayed great restraint and waited for just the right one! And it was certainly the right one. Perfect in fact. It then took me another day to work up the courage to go buy the required 4 x D batteries..... And did it work??? like a clunky dream! What a joy.. and worth all the months waiting for just the right one..

Squeezes, Michelle xx

1 comment:

circle retreat quilter said...

Well done to you...I think my sister inherited ours.. and its long gone i am afraid. happy sewing? by the way are you free on sat or sunday? want to pop up for a night of sewing at Buderim? let me know.